Monday 12 May 2014

Christmas in April . . .

but cards shown in May :o)

April's challenge was to make Christmas cards to put in our stash, in the hopes that it would kick-start us into making them on a regular basis & save the usual last minute rush to get them done. 

NO CHANCE.

What is Christmas without that sinking/panicking feeling that you've forgotten to send a card to great Aunty Mabel or cousin Boris ? Not that I have either, but you know what I mean :o)

Anyhoo . . . I set to with the challenge parcels & here is what I came up with.

First up, Liz's parcel.


 Now, I've said it a million or more times - I'm a traditional red, gold & green gal when it comes to Christmas, but this card had me stumped. I LOVED the stripy paper - obviously :o) - but it was quite a subdued colour, not at all bright & cheery, so I decided to jazz it up a bit with glitter strips. Because there was no white in either background paper, I decided to experiment & stamped the image onto beige/cream paper.  I can't sy it was a 100% success, but it's OK :o)


The second card is partly recycled. I die cut the robin from an old card front that Liz had put in the parcel & then die cut a smaller circle from a plain area of the same card. I stuck the red & gold paper to a card, added 3 red glitter strips, stamped the greeting on the small circle & stuck both circles on. 


The last card was the easiest of the lot :o) I just embossed the red card, stuck it on to a white card, then added the tag. I just used a small bit of silver glitter strip & a silver card candi to *hold* the tag in place.
Simples :o)

Now onto Terri's parcel.


I loved this little fluffy robin as soon as I saw it & as it was quite small, decided to use a smaller card. I embossed a piece of card with a snowflake folder, die cut the rectangle shape & plonked the robin on top. To finish, I just rounded off the two right hand corners of the card with a holly /corner punch & added the greeting. 


Terri had included this sweet image, so I die cut it smaller & stuck it to red card that I also die cut, using a bigger die the same shape. I folded the front of the card back on itself, & stuck the green mirror card on. Firstly though I used the holly/corner punch so that the white card would show through the green. I then just image on & added a greeting.


Last one - very simple :o) I stuck silver holographic mirror card to a plain white card, embossed red card with a snowflake folder, stuck the Father Christmas tag to that & stuck it onto the mirror card. I finished it off with 3 silver card candi, a small piece of ribbon & a greeting.

This month's challenge is to use those busy, patterned papers we all have but don't really like. 

GULP :o)

1 comment: