Tuesday 29 October 2013

Swapping the swaps

 
It's been a really busy month here on my patch, what with all his nibs' appointments & I wasn't able to get round to making any of October's challenge cards till this weekend. The month is almost over, so it was a bit of a mad rush, but I did it, just in time to open November's parcels !! :o)
 
For October's challenge, Liz chose *swap the swaps*, which involved us swapping bits & pieces we'd received from each other, but not used, over the past few months.
 
I must say, it was quite discombobulating opening a parcel from Liz that looked Terri had supplied it & a parcel from Terri that looked like Liz had supplied it :o) I think we each have a style or way of putting certain things together that makes it fairly obvious who supplied the goods :o)
 
I hope that makes sense. It did in my head, but that's no real recommendation !! :o) .
 
Anyhoo. On to the cards. I managed to get 4 out of Liz's parcel & 3 from Terri's.
 
Oh, they were all supposed to have something rectangular on them, I remembered to do six like that, but goodness knows why I forgot the seventh, especially as it wasn't even the first or last, but there you go. These things happen :o)
 
First up was Liz's parcel.
 


I loved this image, it reminded me of when we used to have a helter skelter along the front when I was a kid. It's been gone for many a year, but many happy hours were spent at the amusements in the summer holidays.  Everything except the sentiment, blue star button & silver stars came from the parcel.


This was a very quick card - background paper, image & a stamped sentiment. Other than using my own stamp, everything came from the parcel.
 
 

 
This image was a postcard & as the main colours that stood out for me were pink, cream & purple, I decided to stick to  use just those colours. I die cut the image & a piece of cream card, used a leafy folder to emboss the pink paper & cream die cut & stuck them all together. I used a purple ribbon to cover the join where the pink & purple paper met, added a sentiment & 3 peel off flowers.  Only the flowers & sentiment came from my stash.
 
 
When I saw this image, it just shouted Valentine's Day or Anniversary, but I decided on Valentine's Day simply because the bear had a lovely bunch of red roses :o) I die cut the image, stuck it on to the red mostly square/slightly rectangular card & added hearts & sentiment. I slso put the little red heart on the bear's chest :o)
 
Now onto Terri's parcel.
 
 
All I did here was use Pro-markers to colour the image, stamp small snowflakes with silver grey ink, matt & layer onto silver mirror card & spotty red paper. I added a silver bow & sentiment from my stash & that was it.
 
 
This is one of my favourite stamps - I have a feeling it may well have been one that I included in a swap parcel earlier in the year, but that's all part of swap the swaps. You get a mix of things, including your own bits & bobs :o)
 
Green is my favourite colour & I decided to use all three shades that were included in the parcel & just keep it simple by colouring in the bear & the top of the present. I added silver card candi & a sentiment just to give it a bit of a lift & yyet again, a PeaJayKay special - plain & simple, just like me !! :o)
 
 
Lastly, I needed a card for a little girl who's going to be 2 soon. Everyone loves Eeyore, don't they, whether they're 2 or 92, so I thought he'd be a ideal :o)  He & the flowers, the sentiment & no. 2 all came from my stash, but the card & paper came from the parcel.
 
November's challenge is my choice - Ribbon :o)
 
Oh dear . . . 

3 comments:

  1. These challenges are going well, aren't they. Lovely selection of cards from the swap the swaps. Now dare we progress to swap the swap the swaps? We might squeeze a few more cards out of them yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous selection of cards Pat, you did well, they are all lovely ................... I must admit i am really enjoying these swaps & the challenge they bring! Now just need to get up the courage to see what you've both sent me for November .......... you know i don't do ribbon, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great idea doing swops, so nice that you all enjoy it :) Lovely seeing you yesterday, today I got the cat down to the vet, they had to sedate her to get all the matted fur from her belly, so I whipped through my housework this morning....well some of it anyway! Then I spent all afternoon with a really dopey cat on my knee because her legs were all wobbly....hovever I did get on with the making of presents this afternoon - you can have a red one and a green one instead of the two white ones.......but you still don't know what they are lol aren't I mean to you? See you on the 10th :) x

    ReplyDelete