Saturday 12 October 2013

Wonderful Webs

 
 
Like many people, I have a fear of spiders. It used to be that if I saw one coming my way, I'd head for the hills, clambering over anything & anyone who got in my way :o) But - life changes & now, unfortunately, I am chief spider catcher in my house. Even if Shaun managed to catch one, he couldn't get rid of it without falling off his Zimmer or out of his wheelchair & either way, I'd end up trying to get him up off the floor & worrying about where the spider had darted off to. Shudder !!!
 
That said, I can't help but appreciate the beauty of an Autumn garden covered in webs - just as long as their owners are nowhere to be seen !! :o)
 
Last Monday, we woke up to fog. Everything was damp & eerie, until the sun managed to break through.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
When I looked out the front, this was the view up the road.
 

Looking over the wall & next door's garage to trees in a garden along the road.
 

 
Then, the sun began to break through.
 
 
 It shone through, between the conifer & the apple tree, lighting up the webs spun during darkness.
 
 
As it grew stronger, the sun hit the webs hanging from the railing at the side of the ramp. You couldn't see them before, they were so fine.
 
 

Those spiders certainly had a field day on my washing line !! :o)
 

 
 I just love this photo - it really shows how busy spiders are at night & how beautiful their webs are when lit with an early morning Autumn sun :o)
 
Although I always say that there is beauty to be found in every season, Autumn is my favourite time of year. Not keen on the bugs & spiders, but the colours & the sharp wintery nip in the air far outweight those. Just as long as I don't walk headlong into a web strung between the bushes !! :o)
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I love this time of year too .......misted cobwebs and glinting dewdrops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, ....... I don't like spiders but I love their webs, especially when they glitter with raindrops or dew, they are so intricate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete