Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Stripes



As usual, I'm running behind in blogging my card challenges, but 
September was our strippety stripy challenge month. Now, anyone who knows me well, knows that stripy hats, socks, gloves, scarves, bags, wellies & umbrellas are ME. In the colder weather, my extremities are stripy. Every. Single. Day. If I go out & it's raining, my stripy brolly accompanies me.  It's a simple fact of life:

I love bright stripes.

When it comes to cards, however, I don't seem able to inject as much vividness/brightness/in-yer-faceness as I do with my hands, feet, neck & head. Maybe I'm all strippety striped out :o)

Anyhoooo - cards. The first three are from Liz's parcel, the last three from Terri's.


I love this cheery little stamp & seeing the bright stripy paper included in the parcel, just had to put them together. Easy to do - coloured the image with promarkers, stamped the greeting, mounted the image on the card, & stripy background paper, stuck it onto a card & that was it.



Another quick & easy card - first I stuck the dark stripy paper to a card, stamped the greeting on white cardstock, coloured it with promarkers,die cut it with a rectangle die, mounted it on gold mirror card  & then - technical term coming up:  *bunged it on at a bit of a wonk* :o) I then added the 2 sets of 3 card candi to give it a bit of a lift. Job done :o)



This is the last of Liz's & the one I'm least keen on - it's too twee for my liking. I LOVE the stamped image, though.
Again, it was just a matter of using card & paper included in the parcel & then stamping a greeting & adding card candi.

Now onto Terri's.


This was such a simple card - I just coloured the image using the pink & yellow of the background paper for the balloons, coloured the bear a bear colour - as you do :o) -  which I also used to edge the image, stamped the greeting & that was it. I DO like a plain & simple card :o)


Because of the busy-ness of the flowers in the wheelbarrow, I wanted something simple for the background. Green & gold always go well together, IMO, so I just cut the gold card to size & stuck it onto a plain white card. I put the cream ribbon down one side, added the mounted image, which I'd coloured with promarkers & die cut & mounted onto a die cut green & cream stripy bit of paper. A small stamped greeting & no. 2 was done :o)


I LOVE this stamp, but I HATE this card !! :o)  No need to explain what I did, looking at it is explanation enough :o) I really don't like it, I don't know why it turned out like this - it certainly didn't look like this in my head !! :o)

Ah well, maybe I'll redeem myself in October's challenge - we're all going dotty for spotty !!
Apparently . . .  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment