I like the sound of that - it's rather like embezzeling, but instead of stealing money, I've been making cards :o)
This month's challenge, embossing, was Liz's choice. We had to use at least one type of embossing on a card, be it embossed stamping, embossed card or embossed toppers.
I'm ashamed to say that I only managed 2 from Terri's parcel & 3 from Liz's. The reason/excuse is that it's been a very busy July, what with district nurses calling every other day, various hospital & doctor appointments etc. & I've just been so tired, I haven't had the time or the inclination to get going on them. Sorry girls :o(
However, here are the ones I HAVE made. I might be able to squeeze another out of Terri's parcel between now & the end of the month, but I'm not betting on it !! :o)
Firstly, the two from Terri's parcel:
The bird paper is all I used from the parcel, simply because I thought the leaves on it looked like the leaves on a tree embossing folder I have. I just embossed a bit of white card, stuck it on a card blank, stuck the bird paper on & covered the join with a glitter strip. I then used brown ink & stamped the sentiment.
The green bauble/snowflake embossed card & the dark green card came from Terri's parcel. I found a sentiment & used a recycled card as a topper & finished it off with a glitter strip. I LOVE my glitter strips :o)
Now onto Liz's parcel:
The only things I used from my stash for this card were the glittery sentiment & the embossed holly corners.
This little froggy is an embossed stamp - I loved him as soon as I saw him :o) Because I decided to use him for a man's easel card, I didn't want anything too fussy, so I just coloured him with Promarkers, printed the silly play on words sentiment *Hoppy Birthday, Mick*, stuck it onto dark green card, cut into 3 separate words & popped them on the card. I then found a frog stamp of my own - not the best, but all I had - & stamped it onto the bottom card twice & then stuck some gold stars on.
And lastly, included in the parcel was this lovely white embossed frame. I found the topper in my stash & put it in the middle then stuck the whole thing to a green card blank. I then rootled around in my sentiments box & found a best wishes sentiment that went well with the green. It was a sort of paisley shape, so I just cut it to a rectangle & stuck it on.
Only a week or so till August's challenge, which is my choice :o)